Our Silk Facial Treatment Masks are simple to use and easy to remove but if you are a first time user it is important to take the time to read the instructions. This will enhance the use of your mask in order to maximise the benefit of the natural formulation.
Full instructions can be found on the back of every sachet you purchase.
We would also strongly suggest if you are a first time user to watch our Instructional Video:
Fuss Free Silk Facial Treatment Masks are made from the highest grade silk cotton resulting in an exquisite, smooth, soft finish to the skin. Silk cotton is a fine delicate fabric so requires some protection in the sachet prior to purchase. As a result the mask has three layers.
You should follow these instructions, particularly if you are a first time user, to understand which layers should be peeled away and in which order:
1. Open the sachet and gently pull out the folded mask.
2. Unfold the mask to reveal the shape of a face and the cut away areas for the eyes, nose and mouth. The mask has three layers (two outer layers, white and blue, to protect the silk in the middle).
3. Before applying to the face, gently peel away the shiny white layer to reveal the silk cotton and a second 'blue' protective cotton layer.
4. Stand in front of a mirror. Using both hands, hold and apply both layers to the face, BUT apply the Silk layer FIRST to the face, over the eyes, nose and mouth. At this point make sure you have not applied the 'blue' layer to the skin - looking in the mirror you should see the blue layer as it is now furthest away from the skin.
5. Once the silk cotton is covering the face you will need to gently peel away the remaining outer blue layer. Locate either of the 'cut-outs' on either side of the mask, left or right below your ear. Holding down the the silk layer in the 'cut-out' area with one hand, peel away the blue layer from side to side, leaving the silk in contact with the skin.
6. Discard the blue layer and gently ensure the silk cotton is in flat contact to the skin, pressing away any air bubble pockets so that the whole mask hugs the contours of the skin for maximum effect, especially around the eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Now you can relax for ideally 20-30 minutes. Lying down is optional but may be more relaxing and enjoyable.
8. When finished discard the silk cotton. The face will be still quite moist but if left the skin will naturally dry leaving a smooth silk sensation. If you prefer to remove the moisture, gently use a warm flannel to remove unwanted excess moisture. It can take a long time for the excess formulation to absor, you might even think it feels 'sticky' but this is normal and if uncomfortable then simply massage like a normal moisturiser.
Applying your usual face moisturiser is not required as this may mitigate the benefit of our natural formulation.
One last useful tip is to not waste any formulation that may still be within the sachet. Gently rub a finger inside the sachet and use this while the mask is on the face. Alternatively on the face and / or neck after your treatment, the same way you would apply any moisturiser.
It's a beautiful sensation and leaves you with a wonderful sense of well-being.