How to use ear candles:
When using ear candles precautions should be taken at all times and we highly recommend that a friend or partner be present at all times.
All of our ear candles our supplied with a full user instruction manual talking you through your therapy. Please read through the instructions prior to commencing your treatment and refer to the booklet at all times.
Below is a summary of some important points to remember at all times.
We suggest that a partner or friend observes the process and assists you at all times.
- A friend or partner must observe the whole treatment and assist by holding the ear candle upright vertical position while the candle is burning, at all times. The candle MUST be held at a ninety degree upright vertical angle to the ear and not leaning at any time.
- Ensure that you are in a safe environment - indoors, with no 'through' drafts' as this can affect how the candle burns.
- Identify any flammable materials that you may be wearing or are nearby and remove these.
- Adult supervision is required at all times - please ensure ear candles and matches etc are always stored away from children in a safe place.
- Your partner should extinguish the candle on your behalf as it approaches the designated 'stop' ring on each candle.
- Suffer from an allergy or have a medical condition? Always consult your medical practitioner should you be unsure about using ear candle.
- Lay down resting your head sideways on a comfortable pillow, placing a small warm wet towel around your ear, covering your hair, eyes and cheek area.
- Insert the candle through the protective disk provided, filter end first, up to the stop mark. The disk must be used at ALL times for your added protection. If for any reason you do not have a disk then please use a paper plate or some card.
- Gently place the ear candle vertically in the ear, filter end first, twisting gently to create a seal between the candle and your ear.
- Be careful not to force the candle too far into your ear.
- When ready your partner should light the top of the candle and the crackling sound of fire will be heard. Don't be alarmed this is normal. Your partner should hold the candle for the entire process and not walk away or leave you. This will ensure that the candle is held at the required 90 degree vertical angle to the ear.
- The candle will shortly burn at a slow steady pace for approx 8-10 minutes, the desired optimum time.
- When the flame reaches the 'stop mark' your partner should extinguish the candle in a glass of water ready nearby.
- Have a short rest for a few minutes, turn over and simply repeat for the second ear when ready.
After using both candles we highly recommend remaining laid down for 5-10 minutes, the same way you would after a massage. This will significantly enhance the experience and place you in a deep state of relaxation ready for a good nights sleep.